Wates Developments would like to share their vision for land at Appledore Road, Tenterden.
Following extensive local consultation of over 18 months, Wates Developments has submitted a planning application on land at Appledore Road in Tenterden.
A high proportion of the site will remain green with 72% being opened to the community to enjoy, on what is currently privately-owned land with limited access.
The proposal offers many benefits for the local community and wider area:
- Up to 250 well designed new homes
- Including 100 affordable homes
- A 21 acre public country park
- 2.5 acres of community orchards
- Natural play trail
- Outdoor classroom for children’s environmental learning
- 2.5km of new public footpaths
- Extensive sports facilities including 5 new grass football pitches and community pavilion
- Improvements to existing local surface water drainage
We held a public exhibition on Friday 17th May 2019 at St Mildred’s Church Hall along with further consultation events at Homewood School and St Michaels CofE Primary School. Please click here to view the banners displayed at the public exhibition.