Throughout the Covid-19 situation the Wates Group has acted in the best interests of our teams, customers and the country. We’ve worked hard to support our clients, like the Royal London Hospital, and embraced new ways of working to deliver essential works and engagement.
Here are some of the key ways we have responded to Covid-19:
- Completed a new 176-bed intensive care unit for the Royal London Hospital in just five weeks, working 24 hours a day over five weeks to deliver the unit in record time. Learn more about the new unit here.
- We have continued supporting many of our clients including Public Health England and NHS trusts by providing essential facilities for their work.
- Led the industry in adjusting to new Construction Site Operating Procedures. We paused operations across all sites for two days on 24th March to enable us to review and implement our new operating measures. Read more about our site operations here.
- Embraced digital communication to continue supporting the economy. We have organised virtual work experience and tours and set up an employment skills training course called ‘Construct a Career’ to help provide people with vital skills to enter the workforce after lockdown by embracing the use of Skype, live site camera feeds and digital channels
- Wates Residential Developments has continued to virtually sell homes throughout the lockdown period. We are in the process of opening the sales offices whilst adhering to all government operating and social distancing guidelines.
- Wates Giving has given grants to a number of local projects requiring additional support during this time including a project supporting the delivery of face visors, Cardiff Foodbank and funding towards IT equipment for school pupils. More information on Wates Giving and projects supported during the pandemic is provided on the ‘About us’ page
Find out more about our charity work on the About Us page.